The Walters Family

The Walters Family

Monday, May 23, 2011

Slacker!

Okay, I have been getting a lot of comments in recent family parties that I have been neglecting my blog. Really there hasn't been much to blog about. The girls and I have just been waiting for the weather to make up it's mind. We have been attempting and failing at potty training. Many tears have been shed, lots of puddles were made, and it mainly consisted of me on my knees with the spotbot cleaner fuming and mumbling under my breath when I wasn't yelling at my darling girls. I think I have aged ten years. I have new wrinkles on under my eyes and I found an unsightly gray hair on my head and plucked it immediately. We have attempted potty training again and this time with success. The girls in potty training round 1 were offered a fabulous prize of their very own bike if they would fill their potty chart that I made them with stickers to which the response was, "I can't want a bike Mommy, I just want diapers." Great. No matter how pretty the panties were or how great the prize was or how sweet the treat was I could not persuade my stubborn sweethearts. I don't know what happened, but a few weeks later they just decided and after a week of intense work we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and enjoying it thanks to all the help of Grandma's and Grandpa's and Dad and my sweet sister-in-law who understands my pain and brought me a much needed refreshment on a stressful day. We are doing well and both Miah and Mazie have their bikes now and they were the cutest things going shopping for them. I love them so much and to see how excited they were brings tears of happiness! I am so proud of them and can't believe how fast they are growing up. I loved to see how they supported each other and never failed to tell each other "great job" and say "what a big girl you are." Priceless moments. Pure joy when Miah finally got the chance to get on that super cool bike! Sadness when she figured out she has to make it go on her own power and it is hard to do. Then the whining began again and more training and yelling. I told Kayleb I had done the hard work and this was his department. He only lasted about 5 minutes. We are still working on how to pedal. Does it ever end...Ha Ha! Cute little stinker!Mazie earned her bike a day later than Miah and so the anticipation of getting it put together was so exciting. She was soo cute. Miah was a good helper too.
Mazie was thrilled to get on her very own bike and then just as her sister did, realize to her disappointment that it requires more learning. She is practicing hard to make it work. She is such a cute girl!

1 comments:

Nic said...

Way to go Jamie! I can't picture you yelling :) Hope the bike riding gets better, they look way excited to get them!