I can't believe another month has gone by and it is starting to get cold, the leaves are turning, and I am not sure I am ready for all of that! We have done some fun things this month like visiting Kayleb on the job, deer camp(with the good news being NO DEER for us!), and my 1st garden was a success(thanks to my dad that helped me out!). I would have put canning as one of those activities, but I just don't think it is that much fun. I had mucho tomatoes and squash and cucumbers and it was hard to find people to share them with because everyone has a garden around here and there is only so much you can pone off on the few neighbors that don't. All in all it was a good experience and learning all the process of canning them and freezing some was good for me too. Thanks Mom for your help with the canning! Thanks also to Grandma Lorene for letting me call her with all of my questions too! I ended up with 17 jars. Plenty! Here is the before and after shots of the tomatoes. You can't help but feel satisfied that you did it.


Kayleb was glad that we came to see him. The girls love books and so Kayleb got his turn to read them over and over. One of Miah's favorites is Dr. Seuss's "The Foot Book".

I love this pic of Miah because it is such a cheezer grin. They love to think they are so big and sit on the couch by themselves. They make me nervous and of course they have fallen off a few times.

Deer Camp 2009!

Mazie was sitting on her Papa's lap in the truck while we waited for the mighty hunter to hike down to the truck after a morning of hunting. Mazie thought it was so cool to sit up front with Grandpa and play with all the buttons.

Miah loved being next to the window driving back to camp. She loves the breeze blowing on her. We had beautiful weather, just perfect. Both of the girls fell asleep on the way back to camp.

Miah and Mazie just love their cousins and especially when they were willing to pull them around in their wagon. Kayden, Cole, and Tyler took good care of them!

Here's my cute family laying around in bed reading some books before it was time to get up.

Kayden and Mazie are "partners" as Kayden would say. Kayden was the only person Mazie wanted to be with.

Uncle Chad was trying to make friends so he gave Miah some licorice. It worked till he ran out of it thank goodness! I guess what is camping without red sticky messes on your face with dirt to top it off.

This is one of my favorites. They were eating dinner watching Elmo of course and they are just so stink'in cute!

Beautiful scenery!
4 comments:
oh they are so cute! I love one year olds, they're so fun. Good job on the canning that is so great!
I didn't do the garden but since Steve was the one with the deer I still got to learn how to can! If there's a total disaster, I'll swap you meat for veggies!
Give me some of those tomato's!
They are so stinkin cute eating their dinner together. I just can't believe how big and cute they are. I wish we could get together all the time. Are you begging Kayleb enough into coming out.
Post a Comment