The Walters Family

The Walters Family

Saturday, September 5, 2009

August in a Nutshell

I can't believe how fast that August has come and gone. I have a hard time accepting that summer is over and that cold wet weather is on its way. I am not ready for the cold. Well August was a fun month, the girls had their first swim class. It was a mom and me class and thanks to Grandma Jeano and Grandma Walters we were able to pull it off. They were the screamers of the class and for the first few days were not convinced they were going to like it, but soon warmed up to it and for the most part it was fun. They hated back floats and Tiny Tim(a stupid song they would sing and do swim stuff to). I had to laugh because they would just call out a song and we were expected to sing it. The other moms didn't miss a beat and I was sitting there trying to follow along because a lot of the songs I had no clue. Oh well it was fun and the girls went all the way under twice and not because they wanted to. Also during this month Kayleb and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary. WOW! Yep six years and still going strong! We thought that we would take the day and go up the canyon and four-wheel and hike, so we left the girls with my parents for the day and went up the canyon. It was overcast and we road the wheeler up to Silver Lake Flat and was planning to hike up to Silver Lake. Just as we got off of the wheeler and walked around a bit it started to rain. Of course. Then it started to hail, so we got under some trees and then the hail got bigger and even being under our pine tree shelter we were getting pelted with hail. The hail then turned back to rain and we thought we would wait it out for a bit to see if it would pass. I looked up the trail and saw a river of water coming down the trail and thought if we were going to go we had better get started so we started the hike in the light rain. 15minutes later we were pulling out the rain gear and were back where we started. So once again we decided to wait a minute to see if it would let up so we could ride the wheeler back to the truck. The rain got heavier. By the time we reached the truck we were both soaked. We loaded up came home and took a shower and went to a movie. When we got out of the movie the sky was blue and hardly a cloud in the sky. Typical! We finished the day off with a ride around the Alpine loop and dinner at Goodwood. All in all it was a fun day of just hanging out with my best friend! I love you Kayleb! Thanks for putting up with me for 6yrs! Oh I almost forgot Miah is walking too! Two one year olds that are walking is definitely a challenge. Miah's walk is more of a waddle. She would bend her legs very much so she ends up waddling around. Mazie is running now and gets around very well. She always wants to go outside and pick up sticks and leaves and gather them in her hands and sometimes taste them. Miah sticks to the sidewalk or patio. She isn't too great on the grass and gets frustrated falling so much. They are so much fun right now and I love to play with them and they love me to read books. We got a gate for the downstairs so I can keep them down there. We had a breach of security when Miah figured out how to get past the toy barricade and then taught her sister how to as well and they both headed for the stairs. They love watching anything Sesame Street and anything with good songs. They love music and they love to dance. They are so big and learn new things everyday. Sometimes I just look at them and think about the past year and wonder how I even made it this far. Lots of help from above for sure! Well I have lots of pics so enjoy.Bathing Beauties!Graduated from swim class and having their first sucker. They loved it!And here is the happy couple 6yrs later. Old, fat, and happy! Notice the weather.Look at the weather now. This is the start and the finish of our hike.We went to the county fair and the girls loved going on this carny ride with Ryder as their driver.This one is for Daddy. We all know his love for construction equipment.Always making a mess!
Miah reading her favorite book.
This is one of my favorite pics. These are my little soccer girls. Lance got me some soccer uniforms when he went to Mexico and they finally fit and they look adorable in them. I had to put a flower in their hair so you would remember they are girls. So stink'in cute!
Grandpa Great celebrated his 83rd Birthday. We love you Grandpa!
Isn't their room for me too?
I came downstairs to check on the girls while I was getting ready and Mazie was down for the count. We are down to only one nap a day and sometimes it is too hard for Mazie to stay awake until after lunch. She falls asleep in her highchair a lot. If she can get a little power nap in she does fine.

Miah once again in the toy basket. I can't keep her out of there no matter how full it is she always has to become one of the toys.

Mazie sometimes gets in the toy basket, but when her sister wouldn't let her in she found another basket. Yes she needed help out of it. She was in there tight! Too cute!

I love these little gerrs!! They crack me up. I think every toy is on the floor.

This is video of Miah walking. I didn't get early footage of her walking, but she is better than this now. They wear me out!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your girls are so dang cute! I love the many toy baskets, especially the little one. Can't wait to see the girls at Christmas. I'm hoping the Greenwood party is the Sunday before Christmas so I can actually make it this year. If you have any say in the matter, let my vote be heard! Love ya, Heather

Nic said...

They are too cute! Congrats on six year :)

KATIE HOFHEINS said...

I need to meet your two little munchkins.

Suzette said...

Wow what a month for you all. Good luck keeping up with those two walking cuties and congrats on 6 years