The Walters Family

The Walters Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Loving Memory

This week Grandma Joy has returned home. Even though she lived a good long life it is never easy to say goodbye. Grandma was not only there to spoil us grandkids, but she was a friend and a safe haven for me and I am sure many of my family. She always said,"this to shall pass" and I try to remember it will. I loved her so much and will always be grateful that I was able to spend so much time with her. All of the sleep overs, shopping trips, soccer games, birthdays, and sunday visits will be in my memory forever. You were always welcome in her home no matter what you were wearing, if you had mud on your shoes, or whatever the case may be. No matter how big of a mess you made she never cared she was just happy you were there. She loved to read and do crossword puzzles and alway supported family in all we did. I am grateful she was here to see Miah and Mazie born. Being a twin herself she was so excited and always said how much fun she had being a twin and how much fun they would have. I loved to hear her stories and loved talking to her about anything. She always understood. I love her and will miss her deeply. I Love You Grandma!
Christmas 2003. She always looked good in red!Grandma and Ryder
Grandma holding her girls. She always called them Her Gerrs.



5 comments:

Danielle and Briton said...

What a great tribute to your grandma. I'm happy that I was able to meet her at your baby shower, she seemed like she was a great person and grandma. Our prayers are with you and all of your family.

Wilde Things said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Your grandma sounds like a wonderful woman. She has left a great legacy behind. I love the picture of her with "her gerrs."
It is never easy when someone we love passes on, no matter how right it is for them. We love you and your family and are thinking of you at this hard time.

megan said...

We love Grandma Joy! Thanks for the pictures and for the thoughts.

Nic said...

Jamie, Sorry to hear about your grandma. Sound like she was a very neat lady and she'll be missed. We'll be thinking of your family.

nic

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Grandma Joy. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers =)